Congratulations! You’re forming a new partnership. Here is a tool to help you and your partner set expectations for your work together. To use the tool: In advance of your first meeting (or at it) have each partner answer the questions. Share.
- What is the goal (or goals) of the partnership?
- Why is this goal important to my organization? Why should my board, staff, volunteers and donors support it?
- What measurable signs can we anticipate when we achieve the goal? That is, what will success look like? (Go beyond your first easy answer.)
- Estimate the time frame it will take to complete this goal.
- How many meeting and total hours do you anticipate?
- To make the goals a reality, who needs to be part of the partnership? Are we missing any key people? If so, whom? Do they share the goals above?
- How will we reward people for success? Are there any rewards for failure that need removal?
- I will take the following actions to develop or enhance trust in this partnership:
- The following are three signs of my organizations commitment to this partnership:
For help evaluating a partnership use this tool.
To identify potential supporters, including new partners use this helpful process tool.
If your considering a merger with this new partner, use this
To Raise the Bar on Your Group Experiences from networking to mergers, purchase the matching MP3 download.