Mentor Program for Individuals
At the beginning of this six-month program, you and I will reach a joint decision about whether this program will help you. If we agree, then you will be asked to provide appropriate background information that I will examine. You might, for example, provide your current plan, draft materials, outlines, or other materials. Together, with this in hand, we will set specific goals for our time. This program is to help yoi meet your professional and personal goals. Its so powerful many folks sign up more than one-time.
For example, the Director of Community Relations & Resource Development at the Early Learning Coalition of Orange County participated in the mentoring program. In six months, she helped the Coalition to increase its gala income by 25 percent and move a program that had never generated revenue from zero to over $30,000. Moreover, she helped the Coalition to receive its first multi-year pledges.
Other examples of mentoring results include helping individuals with the following goals:
- A new nonprofit leader who wanted to create a series of income requests
- A marketing specialist who wanted to create his own marketing firm
- A woman who owned a business that provided a ton of in-kind benefits to nonprofits, but no ROI for her firm.
- An executive director who wanted to obtain fifteen items on her wish list. We knocked out twenty.
You will find the Mentor Program for Individuals advances your strategies by guiding you in:
- Identifying open or promising market niches
- Assessing your competitors and potential collaborators
- Positioning yourself to take advantage of opportunities
- Identifying essential information to get unstuck
- Helping you invest your time in the most productive activities
- Growing as a leader to achieve a more balance, more productive life
I assist you by ferreting out the precise resources you need. You don’t need to re-invent the wheel, but you do need to find ones that fit your needs.
An executive director of a grassroots nonprofit organization accomplished the following. His goal was to help his group access to income. During his experience, he
- Identified fifteen perfect grant sources
- Brainstormed different projects to appeal to donors
- Completed and submitted two proposals with detailed project budgets
- Followed-up with the donors to answer additional questions and hosted a site visit
- Identified his next project
- Obtained $15,000 and anticipated future funding for the second.
Another person, after obtaining their 501(c)(3) status sought help to develop a sustainable, viable nonprofit organization. She achieved the following:
- Built a financial model
- Began to pursue long-term financial solvency
- Created a compelling three-sentence answer to the question, “What does your group do?”
- Developed a low-cost marketing plan that recruited 20 volunteers and two donors
- Created a mailing list and established means to grow it by 25 names per month
- Moved from overwhelmed to organized
With my help, you can get what lies ahead of you into practical, actionable steps. The fee is $3,500, payable in full when you begin the process. Paying upfront guarantees that you have my full attention and time. Although the fee is nonrefundable, you may wish to “halt the calendar” once during the session until you are ready to begin again. To serve you well, I limit the number of people whom I mentor at any one time. Many people continue beyond one session. If you re-enroll, you receive a 10 percent fee reduction.
Contact Karen to for free mentor articles.
Call 941-924-4860 or email today.
Sign up for the mentor program
“The best part of working with you as a mentor was using you as a Lifeline—like in Who Wants to be Millionaire. I got a lot of helpful, reliable, constructive, and objective feedback. It was a huge confidence assist. It saved me lots of time and sometimes sanity. We covered a lot of ground.”
Sarasota Film FestivalFor information on how Karen helps organizations to obtain sustainable funding and innovation, follow this link.