1. A Magic Slate. Yesterday, you learned. Be grateful for the education, no matter the cost. Start fresh.
2. An Oxygen Mask. Love your neighbors as yourself gives two parties love. Each is important. Like on an airplane, first you don the oxygen mask of self-love; then help your neighbor with love.
3. A Sense of Safety. Despite the animal prints, those are not saber tooth tigers across the room. Most of this is not life and death.
4. Plenty of Rewards. Discipline is a muscle to strengthen with use. Pick one thing you will do in 2014. Reward yourself for doing it. Start with daily then weekly and finally monthly rewards for completion. As necessary, treat yourself like a six year-old.
5. Hope. You will get there, you just don’t know when. If this hope helped prisoner of war in Vietnam survive, it will help you to thrive.
Karen Eber Davis provides customized advising and coaching around nonprofit strategy and board development. People leaders hire her to bring clarity to sticky situations, break through barriers that seem insurmountable, and align people for better futures. She is the author of 7 Nonprofit Income Streams and Let's Raise Nonprofit Millions Together.
If you appreciate these Added Value posts, please consider subscribing.
By submitting this form, you are consenting to receive marketing emails from: Karen Eber Davis Consulting. You can revoke your consent to receive emails at any time by using the SafeUnsubscribe® link, found at the bottom of every email. Emails are serviced by Constant Contact