When you are sustainable:
1. You decide if you want to do business with a demanding donor or customer.
2. Mission come first. Money for money sake is a detour you forgo.
3. Its like flying first class. Along the way you get more water, food, space, and service. Just like everyone else on the plane, you arrive, but you feel much better during and after the journey.
4. You’re more attractive. More people will want to join your cause.
5. You can access more tools. The bigger your toolbox, the better the odds that you have the tool for the job.
Everyone wants their nonprofit to be sustainable. It is possible.
Have you decided to make your nonprofit sustainable? What reason motivates you?
For more, see Not an Impossible Dream on how to be sustainable. Or, for an in-depth approach of nonprofit income and how to build a sustainability strategy, purchase a pre-publication copy of 7 Nonprofit Income Streams: Open the Floodgates to Sustainability.
Karen Eber Davis provides customized advising and coaching around nonprofit strategy and board development. People leaders hire her to bring clarity to sticky situations, break through barriers that seem insurmountable, and align people for better futures. She is the author of 7 Nonprofit Income Streams and Let's Raise Nonprofit Millions Together.
If you appreciate these Added Value posts, please consider subscribing.