When you are sustainable:
1. You decide if you want to do business with a demanding donor or customer.
2. Mission come first. Money for money sake is a detour you forgo.
3. Its like flying first class. Along the way you get more water, food, space, and service. Just like everyone else on the plane, you arrive, but you feel much better during and after the journey.
4. You’re more attractive. More people will want to join your cause.
5. You can access more tools. The bigger your toolbox, the better the odds that you have the tool for the job.
Everyone wants their nonprofit to be sustainable. It is possible.
Have you decided to make your nonprofit sustainable? What reason motivates you?
For more, see Not an Impossible Dream on how to be sustainable. Or, for an in-depth approach of nonprofit income and how to build a sustainability strategy, purchase a pre-publication copy of 7 Nonprofit Income Streams: Open the Floodgates to Sustainability.
Karen Eber Davis Consulting guides executive directors and CEOs to generate the resources, boards, and support they need to make remarkable progress on their missions. As the award-winning thought-leader, advisor, and founding principal of Karen Eber Davis Consulting, Karen helps nonprofit leaders get answers, generate revenue, and grow their mission. Davis is known for her innovation and practicality based on her work with or visits to over 1,000 nonprofit organizations and her experience leading board and team events. She is the author of 7 Nonprofit Income Streams and Let's Raise Nonprofit Millions Together.