1. Thank you.
2. We see you as more than just as a fat wallet.
3. We want to help you to achieve your hopes and dreams.
4. We are interested in what you want but also what the nonprofits needs. We will work to find ways to honor both needs in our relationship.
5. We will not take advantage of our relationship with you. We are worthy of your trust.
6. We respect you.
7. We will complete your paperwork promptly. You will have what you need for your taxes.
8. We want to let you know that we used your gift, as you requested and how it helped
9. We still care about you after you give us a gift.
10. Thank you so much. It means the world to us.
What would you add to this list? What are other critical messages in regards to non-profit funding? How do you plan to make sure you communicate these critical messages to your donors and potential donors in words and actions? How do these contribute to a culture of philanthropy?
Karen Eber Davis Consulting guides executive directors and CEOs to generate the resources, boards, and support they need to make remarkable progress on their missions. As the award-winning thought-leader, advisor, and founding principal of Karen Eber Davis Consulting, Karen helps nonprofit leaders get answers, generate revenue, and grow their mission. Davis is known for her innovation and practicality based on her work with or visits to over 1,000 nonprofit organizations and her experience leading board and team events. She is the author of 7 Nonprofit Income Streams and Let's Raise Nonprofit Millions Together.