The Top Ten Things Your Donors Needs to Hear From You
1. Thank you.
2. We see you as more than just as a fat wallet.
3. We want to help you to achieve your hopes and dreams.
4. We are interested in what you want but also what the nonprofits needs. We will work to find ways to honor both needs in our relationship.
5. We will not take advantage of our relationship with you. We are worthy of your trust.
6. We respect you.
7. We will complete your paperwork promptly. You will have what you need for your taxes.
8. We want to let you know that we used your gift, as you requested and how it helped
9. We still care about you after you give us a gift.
10. Thank you so much. It means the world to us.
What would you add to this list? What are other critical messages in regards to non-profit funding? How do you plan to make sure you communicate these critical messages to your donors and potential donors in words and actions? How do these contribute to a culture of philanthropy?
Karen Eber Davis provides customized advising and coaching around nonprofit strategy and board development. People leaders hire her to bring clarity to sticky situations, break through barriers that seem insurmountable, and align people for better futures. She is the author of 7 Nonprofit Income Streams and Let's Raise Nonprofit Millions Together.
If you appreciate these Added Value posts, please consider subscribing.
By submitting this form, you are consenting to receive marketing emails from: Karen Eber Davis Consulting. You can revoke your consent to receive emails at any time by using the SafeUnsubscribe® link, found at the bottom of every email. Emails are serviced by Constant Contact